- Oat Buttermilk Quick Bread from Crabtree & Evelyn: This was good but not outstanding; I made the recipe as written and I think it was a bit on the dry side.
- Blueberry pancakes: You may have notice a blueberry theme. They’re just so good, especially in any recipe with yogurt or sour cream! Here it’s buttermilk. I made one pancake with some dark chocolate chips added and that was quite nice as well.
- Sweet Peach Tea: Okay, so I really used this recipe as more of an inspiration. I sliced up a peach and put it in the bottle I’ve been using for iced tea, then added the rest of my normal iced tea fixings. It was pretty good, although the peach flavor took a day or to come out.
- Bees Knees Cocktail: This was simple & really good (I cut the gin in half for a pleasant drink rather than a ~COCKTAIL!~). I also made an Arnold Palmer with rose ice tea and lemonade that was pretty amazing.
- Mushroom Scallion Quiche: I used this recipe and made a few changes: baked the quiche without a crust, added some bacon (because yanno, bacon), used cheddar cheese, and added an egg.
- Summer Vegetable Soup from Moosewood Cookbook: A nice creamy vegetable soup; I made it pretty much as written and found that it also worked well for leftovers. As with many Moosewood recipes, the flavorings could stand to be punched up a bit for my personal taste.
- Tarator (Bulgarian cucumber-yogurt soup): This is really a perfect summer-time soup. I didn’t have dill and left out the walnuts, but it was delicious and a great fast, cool meal.
- Radish, Apple, and Celery Salad: This salad was interesting because I don’t normally love the components (except for apples), but they worked perfectly together here. The only issue is that it didn’t keep at all–eat this one right away!
- Ricotta and Herb Stuffed Tomatoes: I thought I was really going to like these, and then somehow I didn’t. I’m not sure exactly why; on the face of it they’re great and I can’t pinpoint what about the filling didn’t work for me. I may try again.
- Blueberry Boy Bait: I love the ridiculousness of the name, and the actual cake is SO GOOD. Buttery and delicious, with a little bit of cinnamon. I added more berries than the recipe called for but otherwise made it as written. And then I ate all of it.
- Yogurt Ice Cream from Home Made: I had middling success getting this ice cream to actually freeze properly in my ice cream maker, but it tasted pretty good!
Knitting & other crafts
I FINALLY FINISHED the cable-knit blanket I’ve been making for a coworker. It was fun but also blankets are really large. So now I just need to deliver it to its recipient. Here’s a bad picture of it:
I’m also finishing up a quilt square for a friend’s baby quilt. I think it’ll be pretty cute!