In January, I made some reading goals and since now half the year has gone by, I thought I would check in and see where things are at this point.
* 40 book challenge: I finished just under the wire! like the last day before school ended! But I did it! If I hadn’t been challenging myself to read all J FIC books, this wouldn’t have taken nearly as long.
* Readthroughs: I have FAILED MISERABLY. I’ve had Shattered Pillars sitting on my to read shelf for months, and I haven’t gotten much farther with Cherryh or Bradshaw.
* 12 non-fiction books: I’ve read nine, so I’m doing very well on this goal.
* 12 ILL books: Uh, so the flaw in this plan is that I have completely forgotten to track the ILL books as I’ve read them, aside from The Steerswoman. But I know I have read several and tried several others that I didn’t finish. I’m guessing I’ll hit 12 easily, but I’ll never really know.
* 20 diverse books: I didn’t define this terribly well, but I have read 15 books by authors who are POC, so I’d say this is going really well. And I’m not stretching or reading books I don’t enjoy–I’ve also not finished several that didn’t click with me. I’m definitely going to keep going with this challenge, and up my goal number next year.
* Re-read and write up posts for Ellis Peters’s Felse books and Patricia McKillip: Not yet, but I plan to do Reading Notes series with both.
* Read Django Wexler’s books: noottt yeeettt (I will, I swear)
* Read at least 12 books that have been languishing on my TBR for 3 years or more: Again, it would have been helpful had I actually tracked this. However, I don’t think I’ve been doing very well on this one.