I’m just doing cooking this month, although I did a few crafty things, because that’s how it is.
– Sally Lunn bread: used white whole wheat flour which I suspect changed the texture; a pleasant bread with a nice flavor.
– I made a blood orange tart based on this recipe, but changed lots of things about it.
– Cranberry Syrup: possibly I did not cook the syrup long enough, because there isn’t much of a cranberry flavor that I can detect. Still good and a very pleasant red.
– I also made a recipe called “Best Buttermilk Pancakes” which I have noted as being from Smitten Kitchen, but which I can’t find anywhere. They’re really good buttermilk pancakes, and next time I make them I will try adding fruit, etc.
– Potato and Artichoke Tortilla: I kind of took the idea of this one and changed everything: didn’t preboil the potatoes, used fresh baby red peppers instead of roasted, did 1.5 times the recipe. The people I fed it to didn’t seem to mind.
– Beef, Leek & Barley Soup: I made this for a friend, so I didn’t get to do more than taste it, but it’s an incredibly simple recipe and the little bit I had was delicious. I will definitely be making this one again.
From Home Made Winter:
– Rarebits with Pear & Blue Cheese: I halved the recipe and ate these for several meals. Delicious! I want to try a traditional rarebit too.
– Cheese Fondue from Stilton, Cream Cheese and Belegen (gouda): I ate this several times as fondue, which was rich & filling, and then used the leftovers as a cheese sauce for pasta.
– Pizza Bianca: I did caramelized onions, prosciutto and mozzarella, since I was completely unable to find the figs the recipe calls for. An excellent pizza.