This is a post for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more and follow along there!
The original prompt was “Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween” but since I’m not that big on Halloween (I know, I know), I changed it. Also my list is entirely female, since I couldn’t think of any male characters I could convincingly dress up as. (Although I think Miles Vorkosigan is about the right height. THAT would be hilarious!)
1. Irene Attolia from The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
Because she’s my favorite, more than because I could successfully pull her off
2. Sophie Hatter from Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
I think I would make a rather good Sohpie, on the other hand
3. Mae Crawford from the Demon’s Lexicon trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan
The only person I’d wear pink hair for
4. Belladonna Took from Lord of the Rings (well, sort of) by J.R.R. Tolkien
I have finally accepted that I am a hobbit and not an Elf, but if I’m going to be a hobbit, I’m going to be a Took! (by gosh, by golly)
5. Rose Justice from Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
I have already been someone from the 1940s! And of EWein’s characters, Rose is the one I’m most like.
6. Harry Crewe from The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
Another one I’d have to stretch to pull off, but I love Harry, so.
7. Betsy Ray from the Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace
I think I would make an excellent Betsy
8. Kate Sutton from The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope
Mostly for an excuse to wear Tudor clothes (but also because KATE)
9. Cassandra Mortmain from I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Mostly so I could try to copy all of Ramola Garai’s costumes from the movie (but also because CASSANDRA)
10. Harriet Vane from the Lord Peter Wimsey books by Dorothy Sayers
Another one I probably can’t really pull off but would do anyway because Harriet is the best