This is a post for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more and follow along there!
(There’s something wrong with the phrasing of that tile but I can’t figure out how to fix it.)
1. Diana Wynne Jones: Perhaps unsurprisingly, given my love for her, I own a lot of books by Diana Wynne Jones. Twelve, to be exact.
2. Robin McKinley: McKinley has been one of my favorite authors for a long time, so the fact that I own nine of her books makes sense.
3. Elizabeth Goudge: I don’t read Goudge much anymore, but she was a huge staple of my teen years. And many of my nine books came from my grandmother’s collection.
4. Maud Hart Lovelace: I own most of the Betsy-Tacy books, because I love Betsy and Tacy and Tib, and Joe and Deep Valley.
5. Jane Austen: I don’t own everything Austen ever wrote, but I do own seven books by her, two of which are second copies. (Norton Critical Editions ftw!)
6. Susan Cooper: I recently acquired a complete set of the Dark is Rising series, plus I’ve owned King of Shadows for a few years.
7. Patricia McKillip: I love Patricia McKillip’s books SO MUCH. And I’ve managed to acquire six of them at various points.
8. Elizabeth Wein: I own nearly every book Elizabeth Wein has ever written–I’m just missing the Mark of Solomon books, which I plan to buy eventually. Also, I have two copies of Code Name Verity and I’ll probably buy a paperback of Rose Under Fire in September.
9. Sarah Rees Brennan: Numerically, I don’t own that many SRB books, but I put them on since she’s published five full-length novels to date, and I have them all.
10. Megan Whalen Turner: I own everything but Instead of Three Wishes, so even though there are only four of them (fifth book! I pine for you!)…