This is a post for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more and follow along there!
I switched up the topic a little bit for this week, because I think I’m too practical for the original desert island theme (Thor Heyerdahl and the Swiss Family Robinson, obviously). However I do know exactly who I would invite to a literary dinner party…OF DOOM.
The guests, in no particular order:
1. Lord Peter Wimsey and 2. Harriet Vane from Dorothy Sayers’ Lord Peter books
3. Eugenides and 4. Irene Attolia from The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
5. Howl and 6. Sophie Hatter from Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
7. Miles Vorkosigan and 8. Ekaterin from the Vorkosigan saga by Lois McMaster Bujold
9. Psmith from Leave it to Psmith by P.G. Wodehouse
10. Telemakos from Elizabeth Wein’s Aksum series
I’m pretty sure this group would either destroy or accidentally take over the world in the course of the evening, while Irene, Sophie, Harriet, and Ekaterin sat in the corner and traded horror/love stories. It would be awesome and I’m a little sad it can never happen.