1. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner: “And she believed him”
2. The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner: “Like a man seeking respite, reaching home at the end of the day.”
3. A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner: “Not all of us need to be throwing inkpots.”
4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery: Anne and Gilbert. ANNE AND GILBERT.
5. The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope: If you’ve read this one, you know why. If you haven’t, well, what are you waiting for?
6. Demon’s Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan: I was extremely worried about the outcome of this book, because I had a ship and I was invested in it! But SRB did the nigh-impossible and changed my mind in the third book of a trilogy. Alan Ryves for life!
7. Persuasion by Jane Austen: I go back and forth between Persuasion and P&P for favorite Austen novel, but romance-wise, Persuasion wins hands down. That letter.
8. A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold: Speaking of letters, Miles’ letter in this one is just–pardon me, I need to go re-read.
9. The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand: I love all of Florand’s books, but Touch is probably my favorite. Messed up characters who try really really hard to get it right? Oh, yes.
10. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: The great thing about Jellicoe Road‘s ensemble cast is the fact that you get at least three awesome couples. But my favorite is Taylor & Jonah, who are heartbreaking & wonderful.
These were the first ten I thought of and I’m sure there are many more–what are your favorites?