This is a post for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more and follow along there!
This is a pick-your-own-topic week. Since I love it when settings and houses are almost as real as characters, I decided to pick 10 fictional houses I would like to live in, or at least visit.
1. Howl’s moving castle from, well, Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
2. Herb of Grace from Pilgrim’s Inn by Elizabeth Goudge
3. Eugenides’ library from the Queen’s Thief series, especially Queen of Attolia
4. Pemberley, from Pride and Prejudice
5. Villa Caprice from Gone Away Lake and Return to Gone Away by Elizabeth Enright
6. The chocolate-colored house from the Betsy-Tacy series, by Maud Hart Lovelace
7. The Perilous Gard from The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope (Well, okay, at the end.)
8. China Court, from China Court by Rumer Godden
9. Simon’s house from Jinx by Sage Blackwood
10. Juniper’s house from Wise Child by Monica Furlong