I did this awhile back and thought it was fun, so I have decided to do it again! I will quote either the first or last line of five books, cutting out any revealing information like names. It is up to you to figure out what the books are, without the aid of Google. If no ones guesses a particular book correctly, I will post a second line tomorrow, and so on.
EDIT: second lines up for 4 and 5.
1. I love you, I love you, I love you (last line) I Capture The Castle, as guessed by Marie.
2. But they never learned what ____, ______, and ________ had to do , for there was a gust of wind, and they were gone. (last line) A Wrinkle in Time, as guessed by Kathy S.
3. Almost choked with excitement and joy, _____ _____ leaned against the railing as the S.S. Richmond sailed serenely into New York City’s inner harbor. (first line) Betsy’s Wedding, as guessed by Kathy S. again!
4. People may wonder how ______ came to join in the _____ Sea Festival, carrying a bomb, and what he thought he was doing. ______ wondered himself by the end. (first line)
5. They kissed once. Then he turned upon his heel and disappeared into the Darkness. (last line)